The United States Mint this past weekend published a release date and coin images of their limited-edition 2022 National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Colorized Silver Dollar.
Pre-ordering opens for the colorized silver dollar on March 24 at noon Eastern Time. The coin, priced at $95 and limited to 25,000, is one of the eight products to commemorate the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor, which was established to recognize the sacrifice of America’s service members who were killed or wounded in action.
Pre-ordering started Feb. 24 for the other seven products, including $5 gold coins, silver dollars and clad half dollars at current prices from $33 to $811.75. Their sales through March 6 are:
- 2022-W Proof $5 Purple Heart Gold Coin (1,554)
- 2022-W Uncirculated $5 Purple Heart Gold Coin (949)
- 2022-W Proof Purple Heart Silver Dollar (23,403)
- 2022-W Uncirculated Purple Heart Silver Dollar (7,179)
- 2022-S Proof Purple Heart Half Dollar (11,846)
- 2022-D Uncirculated Purple Heart Half Dollar (7,309)
- 2022 Purple Heart Three-Coin Proof Set (2,840)
The Purple Heart colorized silver dollar carries the same designs as the regular silver dollars.
Its difference is the addition of purple shading around the bust of George Washington within the design’s depiction of the Purple Heart medal.
The shipping date of the colorized coin remains “TBD,” as does its limit of one coin per household. The other seven commemorative products are expected to begin shipping on June 8, 2022. They no longer have any household order limits.
Information about the products is available from the U.S. Mint’s page of Purple Heart commemorative coins.